Data Engineer | Sydney or Melbourne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Nov-2021|
The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of EUR 17 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let's talk about the team:
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia's top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason - our exceptional people. Due to continued growth within Capgemini's Insights & Data practice we intend to recruit a Data Engineer with relevant consulting and communication skills. If you are already working in a consultancy role, or have excellent client-facing skills gained within large organizations, we would like to discuss our consultant opportunities with you. We are open to consider application if you can work based out of Sydney or Mebourne.
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities:
- Build robust, efficient and reliable data pipelines consisting of diverse data sources to ingest and process data
- Design and develop real time streaming and batch processing pipeline solutions
- Assemble large, complex data sets to meet functional / non-functional requirements
- Design, develop and implement data pipelines for data migration and collection, data analytics and other data movement solutions
- Work with stakeholders and data analyst teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Collaborate with Architects to define the architecture and technology selection
Let's talk about your qualifications and experience:
- Proven working experience as Big Data engineer for 2+ years preferably in building data lake solution by ingesting and processing data from various source systems
- Understanding of SDLC processes, experience of working in a large-scale program, data warehousing and ETL development
- Experience in one or more Cloud platforms - AWS, Azure, GCP, and/or Snowflake
- Previous experience in programming eg. Core Java/Python/Scala programming; Hadoop Stack eg. Hive, Spark (Core and Streaming), Kafka, Flink, NIFI;
- Experience working on stream transform using Spark Streaming or Flink;
- Experience working on change data capture in a big data ecosystem;
- Experience in building real time or batch ingestion and transformation pipelines;
- Experience supporting a production service in a DevOps friendly environment;
- Hands on experience in API and cloud-native architecture;
- Experience with Github and Jenkins;
- Experience with ‘container' technology (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes);
- Experience wrangling data using library such as Pandas, Scikit-learn or Numpy;
- Experience using notebook such as Jupyter or Polyglot;
- Experience with test-driven development, test automation & continuous delivery;
- Experience in Java build automation technologies such as Gradle, Maven, Integration with Sonarqube etc.;
- Understanding of Financial Services Industry could be advantageous;
Let's talk about what's in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of Spades - join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As "Architects of Positive Futures", Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini and OutFront support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP's (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious "A list" for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. We are focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models and committing to reduce our own carbon emissions (GHG) by 20% per employee by 2020.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the last 8 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini's corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty - have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, click here to listen to some of our employee's stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.