GCP Engineer | Melbourne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Dec-2021|
The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of EUR 17 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let's talk about the team:
- Cloud Infratrstucture Services (CIS) provides client advisory and delivery services in Hybrid Cloud, Workplace Services, Security, Service Desk and Service Management.
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities:
- Cloud engineering using Terraform or other similar IaC (Infrastructure as Code)
- Work as the SME for GCP service
- Work as the SME for Kubernetes and containerisation solutions
- Experience on cloud products related to Infrastructure as Code, Configuration management, continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD), secrets management in devOps context.
- Integrate, configure, deploy and manage centrally provided common cloud services (e.g. IAM, networking, logging, Operating systems, Containers.)
- Build and support continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and continuous testing activities
- Setup and configure the required DevOps tool chain, manage the CI/CI pipeline across environments.
- Engineering activities to implement patches provided centrally
- Update support and operational documentation as required
- Ensure good Change management practice is implemented as specified by central standards.
Let's talk about your qualifications and experience:
- Experience of building a range of Services in GCP
- Expert understanding of DevOps principles and Infrastructure as a Code concepts and techniques
- Strong understanding of CI/CD and GCP code build, artefact registry, cloud monitoring
- Strong foundation on Kubernetes in general and GKE in particular
- Experience configuring SDN within a CSP (VPC's, XPN etc.)
- Good understanding of cloud networking concepts
- Good understanding of Security concepts (IAM, OAuth) and cloud compliance/auditing/monitoring tools
- Customer/stakeholder focus. Ability to build strong relationships with Application teams, cross functional IT and global/local IT teams
- Good leadership and teamwork skills - Works collaboratively in an agile environment with DevOps application ‘pods' to provide GCP specific capability/skills required to deliver the service.
- Operational effectiveness - delivers solutions that align to approved design patterns and security standards
- Experienced in full automation and configuration management
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
- Built effective networks across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same
- A successful track record of delivering complex projects and/or programmes, utilising appropriate techniques and tools to ensure and measure success
- A comprehensive understanding of risk management and proven experience of ensuring own/others' compliance with relevant regulatory processes
- GCP Certification
- GCP code build, artefact registry, cloud monitoring , Jenkins on Google Kubernetes Engine
- Demonstrable Cloud service provider experience (ideally GCP) - infrastructure build and configurations of a variety of services including Compute, Storage, SDN (VPC and XPN)
- Demonstrable experience of Linux administration and scripting preferably Red Hat
- Experience of working with Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD) and continuous testing tools
- Experience working within an Agile environment
- Server administration (either Linux or Windows)
- Automation scripting (using scripting languages such as Terraform, Ansible etc.)
- Ability to quickly acquire new skills and tools
Let's talk about what's in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of Spades - join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As "Architects of Positive Futures", Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini and OutFront support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP's (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious "A list" for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. We are focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models and committing to reduce our own carbon emissions (GHG) by 20% per employee by 2020.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the last 8 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini's corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty - have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, click here to listen to some of our employee's stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.