Cloud Architect | Melbourne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||09-Dec-2021|
The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of EUR 15.8 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let's talk about the team:
Cloud Infrastructure Services (CIS) provides client advisory and delivery services in Hybrid Cloud, Workplace Services, Security, Service Desk and Service Management
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities:
- End to end technical accountability towards successful delivery of the engagement
- Work closely with our clients, program and project manager(s), technical staff and other IT stakeholders
- Translate complex functional, technical, and business requirements into architectural designs
- Produce architecture and high level designs, in line with project's requirements
- Application and infrastructure assessments towards developing an automated build and migration strategy
- Evaluate project requirements and determine actionable tasks with delivery estimates based on solution architecture approach
- Provide strong leadership thinking and technical guidance to assessment, planning, migration and build teams
- Review and approve detailed design documentation produced build and migration teams
- Identify dependencies and common infrastructure components, and to assess migration feasibility
- Validate automated infrastructure level test plans and their execution
- Obtain sign-off from our client for the agreed design, build and migration deliverables
- Work with our client's and Capgemini's IT stakeholders to ensure that the ITSM process are executed to support the Day 2 build and migration activities
- Validate operational readiness and ensure production acceptance criteria are met for smooth transition to support teams (BAU)
- Validate and review handover documentation to delivery / support (BAU) teams and conduct transition, KT, handover workshops
- Contribute to solution and offering development within Cloud practice
- Deliver proof-of-concepts for innovative solutions
- Extend support to sales and pre-sales teams by recommending fit for purpose solutions during RFI, RFP processes
- Support various organization wide learning and development activities by providing technical mentorship to team members
Let's talk about your qualifications and experience:
- Expert level hands-on working knowledge on atleast one of the cloud platforms - AWS, Azure, GCP, VMware or Azure Stack with fundamental knowledge of the rest
- Broad skill spectrum covering cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS with experience in designing for container-based deployment (Docker, K8 or similar)
- Demostrable architectural breadth across other infrastructure domains - Cloud networking, storage, backup, databases and cybersecurity
- Thorough understanding of assessment methodologies to develop fit for purpose enterprise cloud strategy
- Good hands-on experience with CI/ CD automation tools, preferably cloud agnostic
- Strong foundation across operating systems and core infrastructure tools
- Led and successfully delivered atleast one end to end large scale enterprise cloud architecture, design, build or migration project with multi tier applications
- Cloud migration tools - native or 3rd party
- Cloud native experience around serverless, event meshes and NoSQL databases
- Experience of working in an Agile project delivery
- Relevant expert level cloud or architecture certifications
Let's talk about what's in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of Spades - join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As "Architects of Positive Futures", Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigeneous, Parents and Careers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP's (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious "A list" for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini's corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty - have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee's stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.