Cloud DevOps Engineer | Melbourne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||17-Feb-2022|
The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of EUR 15.8 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let's talk about the team:
Our Cloud Infrastructure Services (CIS) practice brings together the right technology, processes and culture to deliver business agility and cost reduction to our clients. We provide cloud focused client advisory and delivery services on areas such as hybrid cloud, workplace services, security, service desk and cloud service management/delivery.
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities
- DevOps (development-operations) Engineer facilitates collaboration between the development and operations teams in order to achieve increased productivity.
- Oversee the efficient release and use of new software code and products.
- Applies Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CI/CD) concepts to software development, deployment and operations.
- Designing tools and processes for managing infrastructure.
- Working on multiple platforms across different programming languages.
- Automating workloads across multiple cloud providers.
- Automating testing and deployment processes.
- Providing support to internal and external stakeholders on multiple platforms.
- Creating tools and processes designed to increase user satisfaction.
- Managing version control via Git and similar systems.
- Code development and review, source code management tools, code merging.
- Responsible for supporting the users of the infrastructure they develop, and the first line of defence is protecting the cloud against hackers and viruses
- Site Reliability Engineer focuses on the system infrastructure including network, storage and availability management.
- Responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning.
- Developing automated solutions for operational aspects as on-call monitoring, performance and capacity planning, and disaster response.
- Acts as the bridge / liaison between development and operations by applying a software engineering mindset to system administration problems and issues.
- Devops includes SRE.
Let's talk about what's in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of Spades - join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from. Capgemini constantly aims for excellence in its operations and the employee experience it provides. In line with our Purpose, Flexible Working aims to improve the overall people experience by providing an optimal work-life balance, more autonomy and freedom in when, where and how we work.
As "Architects of Positive Futures", Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigenous, Parents and Carers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP's (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious "A list" for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini's corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty - have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee's stories.
#GetTheFutureYouWant - Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.