Senior Consultant, Data Scientist | Melbourne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||10-Dec-2021|
Capgemini Invent is the global strategy and transformation consulting team at Capgemini Group. We ideate and bring to life what's next for our clients by combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise. Our Data & Analytics team help our clients create a smart organisation using data, AI /ML and analytics to gain insights and enable better decisions - for customers, operations and the workforce.
The focus of your role:
Are you passionate about Data Science, state of the art projects, developing models, and guiding implementations & strategy in a leading-edge multifunction team? Are you as comfortable interfacing directly with the customer as you are developing hypotheses or exploring & wrangling datasets? Are you capable of explaining complex concepts in an easy to understand manner? Then Capgemini Invent has an excellent opportunity for you.
We need Data Scientists who have knowledge and experience in creating advanced models in an innovative environment. You'll have a history of successful data science implementations, leveraging cloud environments to drive results in projects. You will also enjoy helping clients understand and appreciate the data science process and developing new strategic approaches and ways of modelling.
What you'll do:
As a member of the Data & Analytics team and a data science expert, you will be:
- Responsible for the designing and development of advanced models, as well as high-value use cases. Experience with risk modelling in R will be viewed favorably.
- Have thorough experience in customer or social media-based datasets, and core enterprise data, with a deep understanding of statistical use cases.
- Understand how to work in at least one of Python, R, C/C++, or Java, developing researched and measured approaches to data science problems.
- Experience with manipuliating Data models, Predictive modeling, optimisation and/or simutation
- Establish insightful models to solve client problems.
- Be a crucial member in designing and producing detailed client roadmaps and strategies for adoption of data science.
- Be able to work with vague (and complicated) project requirements, understanding how to evaluate and discover the best approaches to modelling.
What you'll bring:
- A strong comprehension of machine learning & deep learning techniques, both in theory and in practice
- An understanding and proven experience in cloud-based data science projects
- An active business and commercial acumen with clients
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, leading a client along the data science journey
- 4+ years in a data scientist role with cross-discipline teams
- Can quickly learn and be impactful in new areas to keep pace with our rapid growth and evolution, and the willingness to take an ambiguous assignment and create valuable insight
- Have an advanced degree in a relevant field.
Let's talk about what's in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of Spades - join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As "Architects of Positive Futures", Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigeneous, Parents and Careers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP's (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious "A list" for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini's corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty - have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee's stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.