Solution Designer | Sydney or Melbourne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||13-Feb-2022|
The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of EUR 15.8 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let's talk about the team:
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia's top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason - our exceptional people. Due to continued growth within Capgemini's Insights & Data practice we intend to recruit a Solution Designer with relevant consulting and communication skills. If you are already working in a consultancy role, or have excellent client-facing skills gained within large organizations, we would like to discuss our consultant opportunities with you. This role can be positioned to work from anywhere in Australia (Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane or Perth)
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities
- The Solution Designer will report to the lead architect on the program and be a part of the Technical/Architecture Design Authority, they will take direction from the architecture team and project delivery lead as required.
- They will also work closely with the project delivery lead, and with the project team providing support as required on technical design
- The Solution Designer Role is a hands-on technical "build" role and a solutions role, and will be required to guide others on how technical designs can be implemented.
- The responsibilities include designing the essential core building blocks that make up a technical solution, allowing modular and flexible design to meet the business
- Be a focal design and technical guide for data engineers including pattern design, development and technical direction.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to understand business goals and support delivery outcomes.
- Ensure design is consistent and relevant to meet the standards and direction of design teams and architectural design authority
Let's talk about your capability and experience:
- Good experience in big data technologies and AWS/Multi Cloud, with at least 4 to 6 years of practical experience;
- Experience designing event driven applications & real-time data solutions using Kafka (various connectors and sinks); Data Architecture with hand on experience;
- Experience building monitoring/alerting framework for Data pipelines;
- Experience with ElasticDB and Kibana;
- Experience in building data pipelines for data lake;
- Experience in orchestration tools such as Control-M, Airflow, Jenkins etc.;
- Experience in Informatica BDM/PowerCenter tools;
- Experience with API design/developments and if required be able to develop/build API solutions.;
- Experience with JAVA/Python/Spark development and as required build or review code to ensure it meets design direction or coding standards;
- Experience with EMR/Hive and Apache Ranger;
- Strong interpersonal/communications skills, with the ability to perform hands-on build work and assist and lead technical build staff;
Let's talk about what's in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of Spades - join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from. Capgemini constantly aims for excellence in its operations and the employee experience it provides. In line with our Purpose, Flexible Working aims to improve the overall people experience by providing an optimal work-life balance, more autonomy and freedom in when, where and how we work.
As "Architects of Positive Futures", Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigenous, Parents and Carers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP's (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious "A list" for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini's corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty - have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee's stories.
#GetTheFutureYouWant - Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.