Business Analyst - Banking | Melbourne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||13-Feb-2022|
The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of EUR 15.8 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let's talk about the team:
Capgemini Financial Services is a Global Strategic Business Unit that provides information technology and consultancy services to the Banking, Capital Markets and Insurance industries. Capgemini FS brings you leading insights & deep industry experience to drive the future of Financial Services. Our customers count on us for the very latest in innovative service offerings & next generation global delivery.
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities
This role could be located in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Canberra
- Lead major initiatives, ensuring the business process and technology solution are fully aligned with business goals and strategy.
- Evaluate, analyse and communicate business requirements, business processes and solution designs clearly and concisely.
- Engage with stakeholders at different levels, across various business units to gain business knowledge and understand their strategy and goals.
- Break down large projects into deliverable epics/user stories that will evolve from minimum viable product to a fully developed solution.
- Work collaboratively with the development team to deliver the best possible outcome for BAU activities and major initiatives.
- Wear multiple hats within an agile team e.g. product owner, scrum master and occasionally as a tester.
- Support the business in all stages of the SDLC, building a trust relationship with ability to influence.
- Manage several internally developed products and ensure integration to third party systems is fully aligned with the products' core business and technical principles.
- Respond to queries from managers and executives with supporting research and recommendations in a proactive and timely manner.
- Develop meaningful and lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Mentor less experienced business analysts.
Let's talk about your capability and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Information/Business Systems.
- Certification in Agile and / or Scrum processes (desirable)
- Business Process Modelling (‘as is' and ‘to be')
- Experience working in large initiatives as well as BAU activities simultaneously
- Experience leading major initiatives (within the BA space)
- Experience liaising with internal development teams and external vendors to ensure the deliverables meet requirements
- Exposure to Agile software development projects including development of new applications
- Experience in Product Management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Let's talk about what's in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of Spades - join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from. Capgemini constantly aims for excellence in its operations and the employee experience it provides. In line with our Purpose, Flexible Working aims to improve the overall people experience by providing an optimal work-life balance, more autonomy and freedom in when, where and how we work.
As "Architects of Positive Futures", Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigenous, Parents and Carers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP's (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious "A list" for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini's corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty - have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee's stories.
#GetTheFutureYouWant - Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.