Locomotive System Integration Engineer | Perth
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-May-2022|
Capgemini Engineering combines, under one brand, a unique set of strengths from across the Capgemini Group: world-leading engineering and R&D and digital manufacturing expertise. With broad industry knowledge and cutting-edge technologies in digital and software, Capgemini Engineering supports the convergence of the physical and digital worlds. Combined with the capabilities of the rest of the Group, it helps clients to accelerate their journey towards Intelligent Industry. Capgemini Engineering has more than 52,000 engineer and scientist team members in over 30 countries across sectors including aeronautics, automotive, railways, communications, energy, life sciences, semiconductors, software & internet, space & defense, and consumer products.
Capgemini Engineering is an integral part of the Capgemini Group, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided every day by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering, and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Let's talk about the team:
Digital Engineering and Manufacturing Services brings together deep domain expertise to lead the convergence of the physical and digital worlds through technology, engineering, and manufacturing expertise. Consulting, technology, and assets-led solutions enable global companies to unlock the true potential of their product portfolios and manufacturing efficiencies.
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities
- Be responsible and accountable for the design coordination between client, operator, and Alstom on the interface design between signalling system (Rail Management System - RMS) and existing locomotive and RCL system.
- To develop, implement and lead the system integration activities related to existing locomotives and RCL system with RMS signalling System.
- Responsible for the interface and integration work between RMS and Locomotive-RCL systems work, which include input Drawings, Specs, Existing Hazards, HAZOP.
- Review the System Architecture Diagram (SAD) and Interface Design between System (Conceptual & Detailed Design)
- Responsible to develop the RMS & Locomotive interface specification with BHP.
- Responsible to develop the RMS & RCL interface specification with BHP.
- The interface specification will include the feasibility studies, interface requirement specification and scope split between RMS and Locomotive; RMS and RCL.
- Support RTP-System Integration Manager on the development of the T&C between RMS and Locomotive; RMS and RCL.
- Review the existing interface specification, if there is any, and ensure the document is well developed.
- Review and support the coordinated design between RMS and Locomotive; RMS and RCL.
- Review the design of locomotive and RCL due to the introduction of RMS to align with the design specification.
- Review and support the development of the T&C activities between RMS and Locomotive; RMS and RCL.
- Support the development of the Interface Hazard Analysis (IHA) between RMS and Locomotive; RMS and RCL with Safety Assurance (SA) team.
- Provide support for the preparation of Impact Assessment Report (IAR), if there are any changes required, to ensure all the impacts are being assessed and acknowledged.
- Provide support to BHP about the works related to System Integration for Locomotive and RLC, with the lead from People and Process Engineer, such as the review of rail operation processes and procedures.
- Support RTP-System Integration Manager on the development of the T&C between RMS, Locomotive and RCL System.
- Good communication skills.
Let's talk about your capability and experience:
- Bachelor's in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- 5 - 10 years' experience in Rolling stock integration
- Extensive knowledge in RCL system with RMS signaling System
- Experience in Rail freight system interface and integration work in mining environment.
- Locomotive system design experience with railway operation knowledge.
- Knowledgeable and familiar with onboard signaling system design.
Let's talk about what's in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of Spades - join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from. Capgemini constantly aims for excellence in its operations and the employee experience it provides. In line with our Purpose, Flexible Working aims to improve the overall people experience by providing an optimal work-life balance, more autonomy and freedom in when, where and how we work.
As "Architects of Positive Futures", Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigenous, Parents and Carers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP's (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious "A list" for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini's corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty - have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee's stories.
#GetTheFutureYouWant - Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.