Salesforce Technical Architect - Perth | Perth
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-May-2022|
The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of EUR 15.8 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let's talk about the team:
Our Digital Customer Experience (DCX) team partner with businesses to help them adapt and respond effectively to the challenges of a constantly changing world, this is done by delivering thought leading transformational solutions. We're also a Salesforce global strategic partner, one of the largest Salesforce partners in Australia, a leader in the Gartner magic quadrant for CRM and have received numerous Salesforce Innovation Awards.
Within our Salesforce team we are continually driving customer value, by leveraging the power of the World's #1 Digital Platform. Our focus areas are Multi Cloud, Digital Agility and Enterprise Integration and Deployment.
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities
In this role, you have the unique opportunity to be a foundational member of a new start-up business, building the Perth Salesforce practice from the ground up. With sponsorship from our executive leadership, this opportunity will provide the freedom to explore new innovative solutions to meet a variety of unique business challenges -with the depth and breadth of experience from Capgemini, a global Salesforce leader. This is an Associate Director role directly reporting to Perth Salesforce Practice Lead. Your day-to-day activities will involve in a wide range of activities - from pre-sales through delivery - with access to experts to support and guide you along the way. As a self-starter, your curiosity and passion for the right solution will drive you. As a key leader in the practice, you will be instrumental in rapidly hiring our team and leading them to deliver great succes.
Let's talk about your capability and experience:
As a Salesforce Technical Architect, you'll work alongside a team of like-minded individuals within the Salesforce community and partner closely with our clients on a wide variety of collaborative and innovative engagements. You'll be:
- Supporting pre-sales activities: Understanding industry challenges, building and/or extending industry solution assets and demonstrating these to prospective customers.
- Leading the technology response to RFTs and proposals, both written and oral.
- Communicating and presenting ideas to others and driving outcomes that meet client requirements.
- Working with a Solution Architect and/or Technical Architect in deriving optimal solution in solving business challenges
- Managing the development team, both onshore and offshore, in delivering a Salesforce project
- Performing code reviews of the development team to ensure best practice and agreed standards are followed
- Be hands-on in complex Salesforce build work involving integration to other systems
- Developing proposal estimations and supporting sprint planning activities, including work estimation as part of delivering agile Salesforce projects
- Guiding the development team in using the latest Salesforce technology which may include Lightning, Apex, Platform Shield, Files Connect, Lightning Connect, Heroku, Platform Events and Salesforce DX.
- Working alongside a team of talented technical Salesforce people, knowledge sharing and supporting each other to help each other develop your expertise in Salesforce.
Let's talk about your qualifications and experience:
What we're looking for in this leadership role would be your:
- Deep technical knowledge in two or more Salesforce clouds (e.g., Sales, Service, Community/Experience, Marketing, Analytics, Commerce, Integration, IoT)
- Pre-sales experience in understanding business challenges, building/extending and presenting industry-specific solutions, and responding to RFTs and proposals. Comfortable presenting technology solutions, particularly as part of proposals and key project milestones.
- Excellent communications skills to liaise with all levels of stakeholders regarding practice and vendor capabilities - as well as managing stakeholder expectations
- Demonstrated understanding of underlying client business problems and the ability to develop Salesforce technology-enabled solutions that addresses their needs.
- Experience in leading the end-to-end design of Salesforce platform solutions with an understanding of how Salesforce fits into the overall architectural landscape.
- Proven experience in successfully delivering Salesforce solutions using an agile methodology - and in managing development team, onshore and offshore
- Proven experience in governing solutions as per agreed design and coding standards and guidelines
- Ability to problem solve, coupled with a tenacious nature spurred on further by something not working as it should.
- Proven experience of Apex, Triggers, Classes and Lightning Web Components, API Web Services and Salesforce declarative programming techniques.
- DevOps (Salesforce DX) experience preferred, including use of DevOps tools such as git.
- Salesforce Certification(s) in Platform Developer II; Sales; Service; or Community Cloud. Good to have: System Architect, Application Architect. Ideally you will be on the architect certification path.
- Be able to proactively work in a fast-paced environment, as a team.
Let's talk about what's in it for you!
Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of EUR 17 billion.
Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of Spades - join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from. Capgemini constantly aims for excellence in its operations and the employee experience it provides. In line with our Purpose, Flexible Working aims to improve the overall people experience by providing an optimal work-life balance, more autonomy and freedom in when, where and how we work.
As "Architects of Positive Futures", Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigenous, Parents and Carers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP's (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious "A list" for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini's corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty - have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee's stories.
#GetTheFutureYouWant - Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.