Data Designer | Melbourne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Jun-2022|
The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of EUR 15.8 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let's talk about the team:
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia's top performing companies, and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason - our exceptional people. Due to continued growth within Capgemini's Insights & Data practice we intend to recruit a Data Designer with relevant consulting and communication skills. If you are already working in a consultancy role, or have excellent client-facing skills gained within large organizations, we would like to discuss our consultant opportunities with you. This role can be positioned to work from anywhere in Australia (Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane or Perth).
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities
- Reports to the Feature Lead/Project Manager/Scrum Master on the program or the lead solution designer or architect. Will take direction from client project manager for work and work with solution designer/architect/Asset SME's.
- The role of Data Designer involves leading complex business reengineering development projects and to solve technical business problems through IT solutions/designs/data modelling.
- Create big data lake data flow design with approved patterns starting from source ingestion to reporting to any other end state. Produce design documents.
- Perform and Validate Data Modelling (important)
- Create and update data lineage and data dictionary (important)
- Maintaining and update the data dictionary and benchmarking data models
- Overseeing projects to determine business area needs, particularly regarding data description and use
- Designing, developing, and implementing solutions to customers organizational problems
- Coordinating and overseeing data lineage projects. consolidate data across multiple sources and databases to make it easier to locate and access
- Providing high quality service delivery on engagements
- Designing and developing data reconciliation & metadata driven data processing frameworks
- Analyse and perform data collection and data storage systems
- Create new data models and enhance existing models to streamline data storage processes.
- Find potential problems within existing databases/data and programming codes and make recommendations to improve these systems.
- Analyze existing data and database procedures to determine how much data is being stored and to assess the needs and capacity of current databases.
- Create and document technical data profiles to drive data modelling and source to target mappings
- Collaborate with analysts, architects and developers
- Create and maintain data mappings, transformation logic (for logical and physical models) to support implementation and BAU updates.
- Assist modelers in the maintenance of storing source, design and target mappings and data definitions
- Provides detailed analysis on all new data model and ETL/Data Lake development requests to ensure the solution is developed in an efficient manner and works properly with other applications within the system
- Very good knowledge of consulting practices, systems development (SDLC) and Agile practices. Organising data governance and classification
- Ensure design solutions meet or exceed the expectations of the respective business case and are in accordance with the overall data architecture and compliant with the client's standards
Let's talk about your capability and experience:
- Organised and thorough
- Knowledgeable in big data and No SQL
- Experienced in modelling and data mapping skills
- Prior experience as a data designer and data engineer (mandatory)
- Understanding and experience in Cloud Computing - AWS preferably (S3/KMS/EC2/EMR/Redshift/IAM)
- Experience in programming and shell scripting eg. SQL/ PLSQL/Python /Unix Shell/CICD-Jenkins/Airflow DAGs
- Experience on AWS Redshift/ Snowflake and loading from S3 to database and vice versa, Data Modelling/Data Designing/ETL (extract transform and Load).
- Experience (minor) in building stream ingestion (kinesis/kafka) or batch ingestion and transformation pipelines
- Experience in understanding microservices (nice to have)
- Confluence/SharePoint/design diagrams/Agile methodology/Git (version control)
- Ability to work in a high performing team environment.
- Has an open mindset and able to raise to the occasion if and when required
- Practices active listening and active reading to deliver high quality work.
- Ability to accept and handle change.
- Has a learn and grow attitude
The following qualifications would be advantageous:
Education level - Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
AWS certification would be advantageous, not necessary
Understanding of Financial Services Industry could be advantageous
Let's talk about what's in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of Spades - join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from. Capgemini constantly aims for excellence in its operations and the employee experience it provides. In line with our Purpose, Flexible Working aims to improve the overall people experience by providing an optimal work-life balance, more autonomy and freedom in when, where and how we work.
As "Architects of Positive Futures", Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigenous, Parents and Carers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP's (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious "A list" for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini's corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty - have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee's stories.
#GetTheFutureYouWant - Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.