Delivery Architect | Sydney
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||11-Jun-2022|
The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of EUR 15.8 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let's talk about who you are:
Capgemini Architects take end-to-end solution delivery ownership from idea to benefits delivery, shaping and translating Business and IT strategy and needs into realizable, sustainable technology solutions. We are looking for an experienced Data and Analytics Delivery Architect who applies their knowledge to develop client architectures & designs and see that design through development and testing into operations.
The role will primarily be responsible for the delivery of solutions across Data and Analytics domains to meet the requirements of business projects and initiatives. These responsibilities also include oversight, governance and alignment of the development and implementation of technical solutions.
You know the right questions to find and mitigate technical risks by identifying symptoms and preventing technical debt for clients and can complete robust profiling/performance analysis, benchmarking, and optimization/tuning. In our practice, you are a knowledge Partner for Solution Architects and a leader and mentor to other Capgemini team members for architecture and design, guiding technical architect successors and developers to grow into technical lead roles.
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities
• Lead the development of solutions for one or more complex portfolio/domains to ensure effective solutions are designed in accordance with business requirements, and defined standards and IT Strategy
• Influence and ensure buy-in from the development team so that the detailed design of the solution aligns to the higher-level architecture
• Architect & design modern data platforms, data streams and data service API's
• Use awareness of Agile principles, techniques and processes and how they fit within the work environment to influence work approach and value creation
• Utilise Lean Principles that ensure effective delivery of value to customers. Consider and apply process efficiencies within sphere of influence, eliminating waste and maintaining continuous flow based on customer demand
Let's talk about your capability and experience:
• Extensive experience in designing and delivering modern Data and Analytics solutions
• Proven results in delivering major business solutions into production within multiple project teams
• Hands on engineering of data platform solutions and pipelines [5+ years]
• Hands on experience in Data Warehouse and Lakehouse implementations (e.g. Teradata, Cloudera, Azure ADF/Synapse, Snowflake, Databricks)
• Hands on experience with technologies such as Apache Spark, Hadoop and Kafka
• Design / build of streaming and eventing solutions such as Kafka, Kinesis, Event Hub etc alongside Hadoop, relational and NoSQL databases and message queues
• Exposure or hands on experience with Data Science tools and platforms (eg SAS, DataIku, Alteryx)
• Strong analytical and technical skills as well as excellent planning and organizational skills
• Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
• Developed leadership skills, including facilitation and mentoring
• Strong skills in communication with stakeholders in all roles both inside and outside technology teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or a related discipline
Let's talk about what's in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of Spades - join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from. Capgemini constantly aims for excellence in its operations and the employee experience it provides. In line with our Purpose, Flexible Working aims to improve the overall people experience by providing an optimal work-life balance, more autonomy and freedom in when, where and how we work.
As "Architects of Positive Futures", Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigenous, Parents and Carers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP's (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious "A list" for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini's corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty - have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee's stories.
#GetTheFutureYouWant - Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.