Kafka SME | Sydney or Melbourne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||21-Jul-2022|
The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of EUR 15.8 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let's talk about the team:
Digital Engineering combine design and technology with modern delivery methodologies to deliver experience oriented, scalable, sustainable and secure enterprise digital solutions. We are tech savvy consultants on a journey to deliver innovation and expertise to our clients. Join a collaborative team that is solution focused and empower each other to be their best.
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities:
Capgemini is currently looking to recruit Apache Kafka Architects and Senior Kafka Developers to join our ever growing and innovative Integration team. A great opportunity to be a part of expansion to showcase your knowledge and capability in the Kafka - Event Streaming space and to grow the practice with future pipelines. Join our ever-growing practice in working on some highly innovative and game-changing projects with our clients.
We are currently encouraging all experienced Kafka SME's to apply for this position.
- Delivering, Designing and Developing (Apache) Kafka architecture and providing solutions to the client using Confluent platform.
- Providing technical consulting and best practice to project stakeholders to ensure alignment of strategy, event streaming architectures and utilisation.
- Collaborating with business analysts, solution architects to review the functional specifications and document the event streaming use cases.
- Recommend best approach suited for data movement from different sources to Apache Kafka Event Streaming Platform.
- Leading in the identification, isolation, resolution, and communication of problems within the production environment.
- Deployment of Kafka functionality through cloud platforms and On-Premise.
- Configure event stores for sourcing on Kafka.
- Active involvement in growing the practice through pre-sales, BD, resource planning and strategies.
- Identifying talent and future growth plans to stay on top of market demands.
- Managing the team and support the practice in upskilling and developing talent.
Let's talk about your qualifications and experience:
- 10+ years of experience in system integration using middleware platforms such as Apache Kafka, SAG webMethods, IBM MQ and IBM DataPower XI52 etc.
- 4+ years hands-on experience in Design, Configuration, Tuning of Apache Kafka Event Streaming Platform for high volume, and secure target architecture.
- Exposure to Confluent Kafka Platform, Tools and Services.
- Strong experience in configuring and optimizing Kafka Components such as brokers, zookeepers, streaming APIs, and custom source and sink connectors.
- Strong experience in recommending and implementing Kafka topics, partition and replication strategies to meet performance goals.
- Strong experience in streaming Design Patterns, Data Ingestion both, batch and real-time using pub-sub model.
- Experience in Microservices Architecture.
- Knowledgeable in various security standards like Kerberos, OAuth2.0 and OpenID Connect, and IAM providers, and integrating them with Kafka components.
- Knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD tools.
- Exposure to Kubernetes and Container Orchestration.
- Proficient in Kafka deployment on bare metal and public cloud platform AWS, GCP and MS Azure.
- Experience in various monitoring and application insights technologies and how to best leverage them with Kafka platform.
- Excellent analytical skills and broad functional experience allows to close the gap between Business and Technology.
- Lead and guide the development team, ensuring end to end technical delivery project with both traditional & agile/scrum software development processes.
- Confluent Certification for Apache Kafka Developer (CCDAK) and Operator (CCOAK) is highly desirable.
Australian Permanent Residents or Citizens will be preferred
Let's talk about what's in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of Spades - join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As "Architects of Positive Futures", Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigeneous, Parents and Careers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP's (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious "A list" for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini's corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty - have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee's stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.