External Communications Director, APAC | Sydney or Melbourne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Jun-2022|
Capgemini is a diverse collective of more than 330,000 strategic and technological experts based across more than 50 countries, partnering with world-renowned clients to transform and manage their businesses. We are dedicated to leveraging cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering, and platforms to address the entire breadth of their business needs. This passion drives a powerful commitment - to unlock the true value of technology. Now is the time to join our rapidly growing team which is at the forefront of finding new ways technology can help us reimagine what's possible, collecting unique career experiences with global brands and game-changing tech projects. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Let's talk about the team:
You will be joining the APAC Strategic Business unit - the fastest growing and most diverse part of the organisation. The APAC marketing and communications team works closely with the business to support and exciting ambition for growth. With expertise in sector focused brand and reputation management, integrated marketing campaigns, account-based marketing programmes, pursuit support and external communications, the team supports the business strategy by building brand awareness, enhancing our offers, managing our reputation, and driving market and mind share.
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities:
We are looking for a seasoned Communications expert to join our new APAC Marketing and Communications team to help transform our position in the region. The successful candidate will be charged with developing the APAC media and digital strategies, executing multiple and varied external communications activities in line with the APAC marketing priorities and upskilling local leaders and marketers on the power of distinctive communications. Your primary objectives will be to significantly increase our share of voice in priority spaces and drive increases in brand awareness and consideration. The role will report into the APAC Marketing & Communications CMO, be part of the APAC Marketing and Communications leadership team and will work closely with the Group PR team and the extended marketing community. You could already be based in Australia or Singapore and perform the role from either location.
In this varied external communications role - covering media relations, social media, digital content strategy, paid promotion - you will be responsible for promoting Capgemini's thought leaders, research insights, capabilities, client and people success stories to strengthen our image and reputation with decision makers in priority markets and key sectors in APAC. You will also promote content related to our talent brand and CSR activities through a variety of external channels. Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement the APAC media and digital content strategies (incl. website and social) designed to maximise the visibility and understanding of Capgemini's technology and business transformation expertise
- Design targeted external communications campaigns to support business and marketing priorities
- Provide guidance and frameworks to support the development of high-quality media, analyst and digital content
- Coach and upskill the extended APAC external communications network, consisting of BU marketers and offshore channel specialists
- Issue and crisis management
- Manage the relationship with the APAC PR agency
- Identify, brief and coach key subject matter experts and senior executives on communications best practice as part of a targeted Opinion Leaders program
- Introduce leading communications disciplines and practices to improve efficiency and effectiveness; collaboration and continuous improvement
- Work with the Group PR team to reflect Group priorities within the APAC comms programs, and to manage, in an agile way, any issues that could have media implications
- Actively participate in the global PR network and share best practice
- Report on the effectiveness of APAC PR and comms activity
Let's talk about your capability and experience:
- Expertise and experience in leading regional PR/external communications programs, ideally in the B2B.technology service space (10+ years)
- A proven track record in design and implementation of media and digital communication strategies
- Proficiency in issues and reputation management
- Executive presence with strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders of all levels
- A love of insights, experimentation and continuous improvement and the ability to deliver results in a complex, matrix environment
- Strong commitment to coach and mentor talent
Let's talk about what's in it for you!
Technology shapes the way we live our lives: how we work, learn, move, and communicate. Because of this, we believe technology is about more than business transformation - it's also about building a better world. From our approach to ethics to the way we interact with one another, honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun guide and inspire all we do and have led to us being recognised as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute ten years in a row. Every day, we strive to operate in an exemplary manner and earn the trust of everyone we work with and the communities we serve so that we can all get the future we want. Here's how -
We invite our people to bring their whole selves to work, contributing to our inclusive culture and a safe place for our people to be themselves and truly belong. Through championing our community groups like Women@Capgemini, OUTfront, Reconciliation action, parents and carers and Neurodiversity, we are committed to being active allies for everyone. We are proud to say we were recognised as Employer of the Year for LGBTQ inclusion and received the trans and gender diverse award at the 2021 Australian LGBTQ Inclusion Awards.
We embed learning in our culture and our daily work, and we strive to ensure your learning experience is unique. We provide access to a variety of courses focusing on different skill sets - from leadership and professional development to enhancing soft skills - in multiple formats and through various learning platforms, offering external certifications and opportunities to grow and learn the way you want. We can't be sure of what the future holds, but our learning is designed to prepare you to be agile in a changing world.
We aim to build an environment where our people can thrive, develop, and enjoy a positive work-life balance. We champion remote working - even though you'll want to check out our beautiful offices - and are in the process of making ‘truly flexible' working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people.
We offer opportunities to use your skills to help society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution, and we're ruthlessly focused on sustainability for our clients and our business - committing to becoming a net zero business by 2030.
Ask us about our comprehensive benefits program, and to hear from our own people, visit: https://www.capgemini.com/au-en/employee-stories/
We work to recruit and retain a talented and diverse workforce. We strongly encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age.
Capgemini Australia has developed and manages, process orientated Management Systems compliant to the requirements of ISO9001, ISO27001 and ISO14001. We are committed to delivering secure solutions and services through state-of-the-art processes and continual improvement frameworks in line with industry best practices as well as contractual, statutory and regulatory requirements.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.