Network and Systems Engineer | Perth
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Jul-2022|
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their businesses by harnessing the power of technology. Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the last ten years in a row, we are a diverse, values-driven organisation of over 325,000 team members in more than 50 countries.
Now is the time to join our Australian and New Zealand business as we rapidly expand - purposefully investing into specific technology capabilities whilst designing and driving integrated strategies and solutions across our business lines.
This is an opportunity to be at the forefront of finding new ways technology can help us reimagine what's possible, collect unique career experiences with global clients and game-changing tech projects.
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities:
This position works within the IT Operations team where you will be required to collaborate with core business areas, vendors, and key IT stakeholders. You will have a broad and adaptable skillset, combined with a passion for delivering high level service and support to end users.
You will provide objective advice, expertise and specialist skills with the aim of creating value, maximising growth and improving the business performance of our clients.
• Provide Azure and O365 related administration.
• Identify issues and risks and escalate.
• Provide technical support, fault analysis and resolution, actively managing the support queue and ensuring the Service Level Agreement (SLA) is achieved.
• Produce documentation (technical and user focused), ensuring it is both current and accurate. Produce reports as required.
Let's talk about your capability and experience:
• Designing, configuring, and testing networking software (Cisco Switches and routers), computer hardware (HPE C7000 Blade Centres, Dell PowerEdge Servers) and system software including Solaris, Linux, and Windows Operating systems
• Responsible for implementation, administration & troubleshooting of Computer, Network and Security Infrastructure including Servers Operating systems (VMware, Windows, and Unix), Routers, Switches (Cisco), Firewalls (Checkpoint & Azure NSG).
• Installing, configuring, testing, maintaining, and administering new and upgraded networks and infrastructure, software database applications, servers and workstations on-premises and cloud infrastructure.
• Responsible for Planning and Implementing IT developments and undertaking project work relating to VMware vSphere Upgrade, Server OS Upgrade for both Windows and Unix servers, Server and Network migration from On-premises to Azure and AWS
• Provide specialised skills with Microsoft Azure and O365 and support to investigate and resolve end user connectivity issues from premise computer network and applications to O365 Email, OneDrive and other Microsoft applications.
• Responsible for analysing network and server infrastructure to identify vulnerabilities & gaps and evaluate the results against best industry practices and recommend security controls necessary to eliminate or minimize their potential effects.
• Monitoring infrastructure systems and network for performance and ensure systems are working within standard performance conditions.
• Generate Monthly Server/Network Availability Reports, Backup Reports and Network Utilisation reports
• Implement automations with continuous research and deployed scripts using PowerShell and UNIX shell programming to automate implementation and monitoring tasks for Servers, Networks and Cloud infrastructure
Let's talk about what's in it for you!
At Capgemini, we help you get the future you want not only in your career but for your life, and your wider community. Here's how:
Bring your whole self to work in an inclusive environment - our inclusive culture creates a safe place for our people to be themselves and truly belong at Capgemini. We are big on being active allies for everyone, celebrating special events and days of significance important to our people and instilling a genuine curiosity about one another. We actively champion our community groups like Women Capgemini, OutFront, Reconciliation action, parents and carers and Neurodiversity to name a few. We are proud to say we were named employer of the year for LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer) inclusion and received the trans and gender diverse award at the 2021 Australian LGBTQ Inclusion Awards.
Benefit from learning for life - we offer a huge variety of in-person and digital learning courses, partnering with leading providers like Pluralsight, Harvard Managementor, Harvard Spark and Coursera, offering external certifications and opportunities for you to grow.
Have flexibility to work your way - we aim to build an environment where everyone can enjoy a positive work-life balance. We champion remote working - even though you'll want to check out our beautiful offices - and are in the process of making ‘truly flexible' working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people.
Contribute to society - we offer opportunities to use your skills to help society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. Our CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) program provides opportunities to give back to not for profit and social enterprise organisations aligned to our values. We also help our clients move towards more sustainable business models and are committed to becoming a netzero business by 2030.
Comprehensive Benefits Program - this includes EAP, access to a medical network, financial assistance for relevant tertiary education, study leave, salary continuance insurance and an extensive discount and rewards program.
Committed to equal opportunities for all - we work to recruit and retain a talented and diverse workforce. We strongly encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age.
For more on life at Capgemini and to hear from our own people, visit: https://www.capgemini.com/au-en/employee-stories/
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.
Capgemini Australia has developed and manages, process orientated Management Systems compliant to the requirements of ISO9001, ISO27001 and ISO14001. We are committed to delivering secure solutions and services through state-of-the-art processes and continual improvement frameworks in line with industry best practices as well as contractual, statutory and regulatory requirements.