Data engineer | Sydney
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Jul-2022|
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering, and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Let's talk about the team:
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia's top performing companies, and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason - our exceptional people. Due to continued growth within Capgemini's Insights & Data practice we intend to recruit a Data Engineer with relevant consulting and communication skills. If you are already working in a consultancy role, or have excellent client-facing skills gained within large organizations, we would like to discuss our consultant opportunities with you. This role can be positioned to work from anywhere in Australia (Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, or Perth).
- Design, build and test solutions created on the basis of requirements gathered from numerous active discussions with the client
- Leading complex business reengineering development projects and to solve organisational problems through IT solutions.
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities
- Design, develop and implement solutions to customers organisational problems
- Provide high quality service delivery on engagements
- Actively manage client relationships
- Ensures opportunities are properly qualified to minimise risk
- Seen by client as an “adviser” who can contribute to a broad range of strategic, operational and budget decisions central to the client's strategy and priorities
- Guarantees engagement economics are maintained across the deal portfolio
- Development and direction of appropriate solutions and personnel associated with Pursuits and Delivery of Capgemini services
Let's talk about your capability and experience:
- 8+ years of experience as a technology expert in designing and developing data solutions with more than 3+ years specializing in big data architecture or data analytics.
- In-depth experience in data modelling and experience with business intelligence systems (dimensional modelling, data mining, predictive analytics).
- Knowledge and experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL etc.
- Broad based architecture acumen: Database architecture, ETL, SOA, Cloud, etc.
- Data Platform knowledge (Hortonworks/Cloudera/MapR).
- Hands-On Technical Competencies
- Core Java Mandatory
- Good experience in NoSQL (HBase / Impala / Cassandara)
- Good experience in hive scripts, handling incremental data (Upserts)
- Good experience in SPARK, Spark Streaming, Kafka / Flume for extracting near real-time data & event messaging.
- Good experience in offloading/loading data in RDBMS & HDFS
- Experience working with Cloud Storage solutions in AWS, Azure etc. is a plus
Let's talk about what's in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of Spades - join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from. Capgemini constantly aims for excellence in its operations and the employee experience it provides. In line with our Purpose, Flexible Working aims to improve the overall people experience by providing an optimal work-life balance, more autonomy and freedom in when, where and how we work.
As "Architects of Positive Futures", Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigenous, Parents and Carers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP's (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious "A list" for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini's corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty - have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee's stories.
#GetTheFutureYouWant - Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.