Senior Software Engineer - Java + Microservices | Melbourne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||09-Jul-2022|
About Capgemini Engineering
Capgemini Engineering combines, under one brand, a unique set of strengths from across the Capgemini Group: world-leading engineering and R&D and digital manufacturing expertise. With broad industry knowledge and cutting-edge technologies in digital and software, Capgemini Engineering supports the convergence of the physical and digital worlds. Combined with the capabilities of the rest of the Group, it helps clients to accelerate their journey towards Intelligent Industry. Capgemini Engineering has more than 52,000 engineer and scientist team members in over 30 countries across sectors including aeronautics, automotive, railways, communications, energy, life sciences, semiconductors, software & internet, space & defense, and consumer products.
Capgemini Engineering is an integral part of the Capgemini Group, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided every day by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast-evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering, and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Let's talk about the team:
At Capgemini, we see things differently.
Vision - The business value of technology comes from and through people.
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly
evolving, we offer visibility, leeway, and support to help you grow and progress in your career.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities:
- You will participate in the development of larger modules which may also include requirements analysis, architectural design, or detailed design tasks.
- You will operate independently to contribute to the development of new approaches and techniques.
- You will participate in the short-term planning of engineering projects and programs.
- You will execute development tasks on projects and will test to guarantee the technical quality of the solution and handle security vulnerabilities.
- You will gather and analyze customer requirements.
- You will be responsible for the analysis and determination of overall software design tradeoffs on a project.
- You will be responsible for conducting, leading, and coordinating software development activities.
- You will define and ensure the best solutions architecture and design in working with the development team and project manager.
- You will streamline integration across projects, including task definitions, decomposition, and planning to ensure alignment of customer best practices.
- Contribute innovative ideas for technical improvements and business opportunities.
- Be updated with industry trends, IT ops, and industry best practices, and be able to identify the ones we should implement.
Let's talk about your capability and experience:
- Strong hands-on development skills using Java/J2EE, Microservices Architecture.
- Must have hands-on experience in defining the architecture blueprints along with techniques to validate the design
- Strong experience in detailed design and implementation applications Microservices architecture and HMI modern Framework, Spring boot, Web Socket hybrid COM, Kafka pub/sub, Kotlin
- Good understanding of IDE/CICD Tools: GIT, Bitbucket, Gradle, Cucumber, Jenkins, Eclipse, JIRA
- Experience with formal software engineering process and experience in the whole lifecycle, writing & reviewing design, requirements, tests, and code & TDD approach
- Experience in working large scale and distributed systems, being part of a greater whole than your component team or feature team
- Experience in software development is a critical safety environment with Air Traffic Management(ATM) Domain expertise will be added advantage
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Agile, Jira, Scrum/Kanban/SAFe, etc
We believe technology is about more than business transformation - it's also about building a more sustainable, inclusive future. This starts with our people, working with you to get the future you want. We invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work, contributing to our inclusive culture and a safe place for our people to be themselves and truly belong. Through championing our staff-led community groups, we are committed to being active allies for everyone. We also aim to build an environment where you can thrive at work and at home. We champion remote working - even though you'll want to check out our beautiful offices - and are in the process of making ‘truly flexible' working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people. In addition, we strive to ensure your growth and learning experience is unique with access to leading learning platforms, external certifications and opportunities to grow and learn the way you want. Finally, we offer opportunities to use your skills to help society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution, and we're ruthlessly focused on sustainability for our clients and our business - committing to becoming a net zero business by 2030.
We work to recruit and retain a talented and diverse workforce. We strongly encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age.
Capgemini Australia has developed and manages, process orientated Management Systems compliant to the requirements of ISO9001, ISO27001 and ISO14001. We are committed to delivering secure solutions and services through state-of-the-art processes and continual improvement frameworks in line with industry best practices as well as contractual, statutory and regulatory requirements.
#GetTheFutureYouWant - Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.