Sourcing Specialist - CAPEX | Melbourne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||17-Jul-2022|
Capgemini is a diverse collective of more than 330,000 strategic and technological experts based across more than 50 countries, partnering with world-renowned clients to transform and manage their businesses. We are dedicated to leveraging cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering, and platforms to address the entire breadth of their business needs. This passion drives a powerful commitment - to unlock the true value of technology.
Over the last 18 months, we have tripled our business in Australia and New Zealand, with over 3,300 team members devoted to helping clients get the future they want. Now is the time to join our rapidly growing team who are at the forefront of finding new ways technology can help us reimagine what's possible, collecting unique career experiences with global brands and game-changing tech projects.
Let's talk about the team:
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities:
The position holder will be responsible for managing the sourcing of Capital Goods and Services within Capital Projects Construction and Installation of Capital goods and Services to support requirements consistent with quality, reliability, service, cost and delivery. Evaluates suppliers, creates and maintains contracts, negotiates pricing, and builds strong vendor relationships in support of managed categories. Manages materials and supply orders and to ensure that all supplies fit the parameters of a project. Agreement management will be done for small and template agreements.
The Sourcing Specialist implements sourcing plans and tactics to effectively manage the assigned project and associated activities. An important aspect of this role is maximizing supplier performance and supporting the company's business savings plans; in addition to ensuring consistency with management directives and instructions, company strategy, commitments and goals.
Collaborates with Project teams and stakeholders to review new/open projects; maintain fluid communication flow regarding project specs, target costs, timeline, and expectations. Will be a member of the global category team and may support multiple categories.
- Manage the sourcing and supplier selection process, including creating a sourcing project, researching and developing supplier shortlist, assembling and managing RFI project team through RFX/RFI process Plans, coordinates, and executes sourcing related activities (RFI/RFP, Auctions) in Ariba eSourcing, necessary to solicit competitive bidding from third party suppliers; including supplier qualification Evaluate supplier qualifications, including scoring assessment results, evaluating supplier qualifications, receiving and analyzing information to evaluate risks, and completing due diligence reviews
- Documented Source Plan, internal assessment, industry assessment, category best practices, strategy development. Supplier selection & negotiations, implementation plan, and agreed upon performance metrics. Monitor current category market conditions, technology roadmaps and identify supply/demand challenges and opportunities
- Tracks their assigned categories of spend to ensure saving targets are being met.
- Write reports on the project for management on a regular basis
Let's talk about your capability and experience:
- Help drive contract negotiation and management, including drafting agreements according to standard or non-standard services in conjunction with contract team; reviewing counter changes from counter party and approving or rejecting with input from Legal; and securing approval from appropriate signatories before validating and publishing
- Updates, verifies and publishes contract content in the Contract Management Systems (CMS) and serves as a source of knowledge regarding company contracts policy, templates, and procedures
- Support purchasing terms compliance, including providing necessary contract guidelines
- Develop key performance measures for chosen suppliers and negotiate on multiple variables to award longer-term strategic contracts that result in significant cost reduction and improved service levels
- Determine if agreement needs to be setup in ERP or Ariba for contract compliance; draft agreements
- Determines when a formal contractual agreement is needed and manages and coordinates the process of drafting, reviewing and approving the agreement
- Manage respective supplier relationships and performance, including but not limited to dispute resolution
- Clearly, communicate project specs and requirements to potential vendors, and coordinate with them regarding project follow-up, timelines, troubleshooting, communication of terms & agreements, standards and testing requirements
- Work closely with the manufacturing and engineering teams to proactively identify and develop external capability to support strategic sourcing opportunities
- Manage the long-term relationships with selected key strategic suppliers to form deep, mutually benefitting partner relationships and understanding
- Facilitate communication among suppliers to ensure relationships are delivering their ongoing and intended (optimal) value; supplier diversity
Experience & Capabilities
- Seven years of supply management experience, with demonstrated leadership.
- Experience in Capital Sourcing.
- Purchasing Management Certification (ISM) preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully negotiating complex supply agreements
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, solve problems, make recommendations, and draw valid conclusions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written.
- Sound judgment and reasoning skills.
- Ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously.
- Excellent computer skills with ability to work in diverse applications.
Let's talk about what's in it for you!
We believe technology is about more than business transformation - it's also about building a more sustainable, inclusive future. This starts with our people, working with you to get the future you want. We invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work, contributing to our inclusive culture and a safe place for our people to be themselves and truly belong. Through championing our staff-led community groups, we are committed to being active allies for everyone. We also aim to build an environment where you can thrive at work and at home. We champion remote working - even though you'll want to check out our beautiful offices - and are in the process of making ‘truly flexible' working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people. In addition, we strive to ensure your growth and learning experience is unique with access to leading learning platforms, external certifications and opportunities to grow and learn the way you want. Finally, we offer opportunities to use your skills to help society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution, and we're ruthlessly focused on sustainability for our clients and our business - committing to becoming a net zero business by 2030.
We work to recruit and retain a talented and diverse workforce. We strongly encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age.
Capgemini Australia has developed and manages, process orientated Management Systems compliant to the requirements of ISO9001, ISO27001 and ISO14001. We are committed to delivering secure solutions and services through state-of-the-art processes and continual improvement frameworks in line with industry best practices as well as contractual, statutory and regulatory requirements.
#GetTheFutureYouWant - Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.